Orbit Logic has developed collection planning systems for multiple high resolution imagery satellites from multiple spacecraft vendors for multiple operators. Our solutions optimize the return from these unique on-orbit assets. We offer a flexible and scalable architecture which easily incorporates additional spacecraft models as well as user-specific operational needs. Tightly coupling sophisticated deconfliction algorithms with a high-fidelity spacecraft simulator, each system produces optimized collections plans based upon vehicle constraints, plug-in spacecraft control system behavior, and target collection constraints. Orbit Logic has provided mission planning and collection planning solutions to GeoEye and DigitalGlobe for the QuickBird-2, OrbView-3, GeoEye-1, and WorldView-1 spacecraft.
Based on extensive experience with these systems, Orbit Logic has developed a new baseline COTS product called the Collection Planning and Analysis Workstation (CPAW) which is the first true configurable COTS software for high fidelity, high performance collection planning. CPAW supports plug-in spacecraft models and dozens of configurable parameters to meet any spacecaft vendor, operator, or imagery customer’s planning needs.
Optimized Collection Plans
- High fidelity spacecraft simulator tightly integrated with multiple collection optimization algorithms.
- Robust constraint computations provide accurate and valid collection plans by accounting for target viewing constraints, spacecraft power limitiations, data storage attributes, pointing constraints, spacecraft
agility limitations, high gain antenna blockage, cloud cover and more.
Operations and Automation
- Multiple planning algorithms for automated planning
- Supports large order databases
Integration and Interfaces
- Integrated with Satellite Tool Kit for plan visualization and and manual order requests
- User-friendly GUI for manual planning
- Standardized XML dropbox interfaces for closed-loop integration